Protectus is dedicated to protecting people and the environment from the dangers of asbestos and other hazardous materials. As part of our commitment to creating safer workplaces, we have a comprehensive Health and Safety Policy in place.
It’s our policy to meet or exceed all standards set out in the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, The Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016, and to ensure all our asbestos work practices abide by the Approved Code of Practice for the Safe Management and Removal of Asbestos 2016.
To ensure we are providing a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, contractors, clients and anyone who comes into contact with our work, we will:
- Provide the information, training and supervision necessary to maintain and consistently improve standards in all areas of our work.
- Ensure all actions are taken to eliminate, isolate or mitigate any health and safety risks in the workplace.
- Require all our employees to follow company health and safety procedures, take active steps to ensure the workplace is always safe, report accidents, incidents or near misses and prioritise their own health and safety in carrying out any work.
- Ensure all our employees are made familiar with their responsibilities as identified in the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015.
- Maintain and constantly develop our Health and Safety Policy and procedures, as best practice methods and safety management systems are improved regularly.
We are currently certified SiteWise Green – an annual health and safety assessment that demonstrates we have quality health and safety systems in place.
Our Health and Safety Policy in practice
When Protectus works on your contract, you can be assured that all actions have been taken to keep people and your workplace safe.
As part of our robust and reliable health and safety practices, we ensure that:
- A Site-Specific Safety Plan is prepared for each contract, allowing us to carefully record and action all measures to maintain high standards of health and safety in the workplace.
- Everyone on site is familiar with all health and safety practices, accompanying documentation and their responsibilities in relation to this.
- ToolBox meetings are held daily, to allow everyone to stay up to date with health and safety on site, and voice concerns or suggestions.
- Safety Management Systems and Standard Operating Procedures form an integral part of staff training, and the supervisor is diligent in ensuring staff are up to date on current best practice methods and legalities.
- Any incidents are recorded and the details available to you, and we adhere to the requirements to submit reports to WorkSafe NZ if any notifiable incidents occur.
- You, as our client, can view all the health and safety documentation relative to your contract.
We also offer the option of providing time-lapse footage of work carried out on your contract. This constant monitoring gives you peace of mind that all procedures are followed correctly, while keeping your property safe.